Bears G Kyle Long is dealing with a finger injury, a torn labrum in his shoulder and is still working his way back from a surgically repaired ankle.
It’s possible the team could consider shutting him down for the season and placing him on injured reserve at some point.
“I think time will tell,” Bears HC John Fox said on Monday when asked whether Long’s injury can improve without surgery, via Jeff Dickerson of ESPN. “I think last week I didn’t feel like he was quite able to practice in a full speed to be prepared. He’s physically capable of being active. But again, this is a game where you have to practice to get ready for a game in a lot of cases. So he was active, so he was healthy enough, but I’m not sure he was going to be healthy enough to take 70 snaps in a game.”
- Cardinals HC Bruce Arians announced Wednesday that QB Drew Stanton has made more progress than expected in his return from a sprained knee. (Darren Urban)
- Although, Blaine Gabbert still took the majority of the first-team reps during Wednesday’s practice.
- Arian said that they will likely announce their Week 11 starter this Friday.
- When asked by Gabbert gets a bad rap, Arians said: “He’s played on shitty teams.” (Mike Jurecki)
- According to Arians, veteran DT Corey Peters has a high ankle sprain and will likely be out a while. (Kent Somers)
- Packers HC Mike McCarthy announced that QB Brett Hundley will be a full participant in Wednesday’s practice, as his strained hamstring isn’t considered an inhibiting issue. (Ryan Wood)
- McCarthy said he’s hopeful the Packers will have RB Ty Montgomery available this week, despite the fact that he reinjured his ribs last weekend: “We’ll see what today brings. We don’t really have a set plan for what he’s going to do today.” (Rob Demovsky)
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers (collarbone, injured reserve) was seen rehabbing and working on his conditioning during Wednesday’s practice. (Ryan Wood)
- Packers CB Demetri Goodson (ACL, PUP) returned to practice on Wednesday, which opens a three-week window for the team to add him to their active roster. (Ryan Wood)
- Ryan Wood mentions that the Packers still have an open roster spot available after they cut TE Martellus Bennett.
- The Packers will likely place RT Byran Bulaga on injured reserve later this week and activate Jason Spriggs from I.R.