Home Bears NFC Notes: Bears, Falcons, Panthers, Vikings
- According to the Chicago Tribune’s Brad Biggs, RB Jordan Howard‘s trade value hasn’t changed much since the start of free agency, but the Bears still likely won’t be able to get much in return.
- Biggs says the Bears might have to include a draft pick to secure a better selection in return for Howard.
- Biggs admits it’s possible Howard will continue to be phased out of the offense with the signing of RB Mike Davis. Howard is entering the final year of his rookie contract.
- Biggs has not heard the Bears connected with free agent LB Justin Houston.
- Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said offensive line is still in play for Atlanta in the draft even after signing guards James Carpenter and Jamon Brown. (William McFadden)
- The team also had a heavy contingent on hand for Georgia’s pro day. The Falcons have been linked to CB DeAndre Baker, but have not met with him officially yet. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune’s Ben Goessling, Vikings DE Everson Griffen can earn $62,500 for each game he’s on the active roster and $31,250 for each game he’s on the 53-man roster.
- If Griffen has eight sacks, completes the entire offseason workout program and is on the roster or injured reserve for the entire season, he can also earn a $500,000 incentive.
- The Vikings are reportedly interested in former Rams QB Sean Mannion for their backup quarterback spot, and could schedule a visit soon. (Courtney Cronin)