- Free agent DT Damon Harrison posted on Twitter that he expects to set up a visit with the Bears after his meeting with the Seahawks concludes.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 3: DT Mario Edwards (glute), LB Khalil Mack (knee)
- Per the Athletic’s Mike Sando, the Lions could prefer to use the $15.3 million franchise tag on WR Kenny Golladay in 2021 instead of signing him to a deal commensurate with ones other receivers have signed this offseason.
- One executive isn’t sure if Golladay is worth the $18-$20 million he could ask for based on the market: “He is a good player, but I don’t know if he is an $18 million-plus guy. For all of these guys, the tag on a $175 million cap at $15.3 million is really attractive for the team. It becomes problematic once you get out of next year, because the market may go up, up and up. But it buys you a year.”
- Golladay told reporters that he’s feeling “a lot better” after missing the first two games of the season: “Definitely feeling a lot better. Wouldn’t say it’s 100 percent, I really wouldn’t even put a percentage on it. I just know I’m not 100 percent. I’m going to do everything I can and hopefully I showed enough (in practice this week) that I can be out there.” (Tim Twentyman)
- OUT for Week 3: TE Hunter Bryant (hamstring)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 3: CB Desmond Trufant (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 3: WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring), S C.J. Moore (calf), T Halapoulivaati Vaitai (foot)
- Packers‘ LT David Bakhtiari said he’s let the organization know his feelings on signing a new deal and will continue to give his best effort: “It’s business at the end of the day. You can’t take it personal.” (Tom Silverstein)
- Packers’ DC Mike Pettine spoke about the team making big plays on defense, but also giving up big plays over the first two weeks of the season: “It’s well enough to win, but it has not been to our standard. It’s great when we can make big plays and score points, but we have to raise our level of consistency.” (Ryan Wood)
- Pettine also mentioned DT Kenny Clark, who is returning to practice: “It’s one of our best players. It’s such a lift to have him out there … He just fills the grade sheet with pluses.” (Matt Schneidman)
- Packers’ ST coordinator Shawn Mennenga says he believes P JK Scott will return on Sunday after missing some time due to personal reasons. (Schneidman)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said WR Davante Adams is “probably doubtful” for Sunday night’s game against the Saints but “we’ll give him the rest of the week to see where he’s at.” (Rob Demovsky)
- LaFleur mentioned that DT Kenny Clark is “definitely not 100%” and they’ll give him until game time before determining whether he’ll play. (Matt Schneidman)
- LaFleur is “not overly concerned” about G Elgton Jenkins, who did not practice on Friday. (Rob Demovsky)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 3: WR Davante Adams (hamstring), TE Josiah Deguara (ankle), LB Randy Ramsey (groin)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 3: DT Kenny Clark (groin), G Elgton Jenkins (back, rib), S Darnell Savage (groin)
The Vikings know that they are a running team and OC Gary Kubiak believes that success will come as the team gets better defensively.
“That’s what we are,’’ Kubiak said, via Chris Tomasson of TwinCities.com. “That’s what we want, and we came out of training camp with a good, solid training camp and obviously that hasn’t correlated to the first two weeks, but we’ve got to stay positive and stay committed to what we want to be as a group.’’
- Minnesota has already lost LB Cameron Smith to open-heart surgery, LB Anthony Barr is also injured and the team has now placed rookie LB Troy Dye on IR to make room for LB Todd Davis. (Chad Graff)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said he’s been “very impressed” with new LB Todd Davis after a couple days on the field, but it’s still unlikely he plays much on Sunday: “Experienced, smart linebacker. Played with Kubiak before. He’s fast. I’ve been very impressed with him in the short time he’s been here.” (Andrew Krammer)
- OUT for Week 3: CB Cameron Dantzler (rib), CB Mike Hughes (neck)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 3: RB Mike Boone (concussion), CB Kris Boyd (hamstring)