- In his podcast, ESPN Jordan Raanan mentions he’s heard the Giants had some discussions with the Lions about WR Kenny Golladay. However, Golladay is on an expiring deal and Detroit isn’t holding a fire sale, so it didn’t go anywhere.
- Per ESPN’s Rob Demovsky, Packers HC Matt LaFleur said CB Kevin King had a setback with his quad injury. He didn’t practice Wednesday or Thursday and is looking unlikely to return this week: “Sometimes those things happen, and it’s unfortunate.”
- LaFleur hinted that Packers WR Equanimeous St. Brown stands to see an expanded role soon: “I think there’s a good chance you’ll probably see him out there more than what he has shown in previous weeks.” (Ryan Wood)
- LaFleur explained the Packers have been working out a kicker each week to have someone ready to pass through the COVID-19 protocols in time if they’re needed to relieve K Mason Crosby. (Demovsky)
- The Athletic’s Arif Hasan writes that he wouldn’t be surprised to see George Paton replace GM Rick Spielman as an internal candidate if the Vikings elect to part ways with Spielman. Paton has been a hot candidate in a number of GM openings in recent years.
- Hasan notes that the Vikings’ willingness to transition into more of a sell mode could indicate Spielman and HC Mike Zimmer have received some assurances their jobs are safe.
- Vikings OC Gary Kubiak said he didn’t consider benching QB Kirk Cousins in Week 6 against the Falcons: “You’ve got to believe in your people. … If you’re second-guessing yourself or thinking that way, it’s hard to be successful in this league.” (Chad Graff)
- Vikings DE Jalyn Holmes says he expects to take the starting defensive end spot that was vacated after the trade of Yannick Ngakoue. (Courtney Cronin)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!