- According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, Bears RT Bobby Massie could be out for a month with the knee injury he suffered Sunday against the Saints.
- NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo says QB Mitchell Trubisky suffered a shoulder injury against the Saints and the team fears there might be structural issues.
- Garafolo adds the expectation is Trubisky will be out for a few weeks with the injury.
Packers HC Matt LaFleur said RB Aaron Jones (calf) will be a game-time decision for Thursday night’s game against the 49ers.
“We’ll give him up to game time, and then we’ll figure it out. So we’ll see,” said LaFleur, via Ryan Wood.
Regarding how the Packers’ handled the trade deadline, LaFleur said they were in “communication” with teams but GM Brian Gutekunst never seriously pursued any players.
“Gutey was handling all that. My focus was solely on the San Francisco 49ers. We were in communication, but I don’t know that anything ever got that serious,” said Gutekunst, via Wood.
LaFleur suggested that Packers WR Allen Lazard (core) is close to returning from injured reserve but Green Bay will not rush him back.
“He wants to be out there in the worst way, and he wishes he was out there yesterday. But we’re going to take our time and be smart with him,” said Lazard, via Wood.
- Per the Athletic’s Matt Schneidman, Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett confirmed Jones’ availability for Thursday is up in the air: “It’s a game-time deal. It’s a finicky deal.”
- Hackett told reporters he’s not thinking about being connected to the Falcons head coaching vacancy right now: “It’s all about the Green Bay Packers.” (Jim Owczarski)