- The Chicago Sun-Times’ Adam Jahns says the Bears’ interest in RB Le’Veon Bell might have only been “due diligence” as there were questions about how he’d fit with the team culture.
- Per Ben Goessling, LB Anthony Barr will receive a $13 million signing bonus and count $5.6 million against the cap in 2019.
- Barr’s $2.9 million base salary in 2019 is fully guaranteed, while is $10 million base salary in 2020 is guaranteed only for injury and will become fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2020 league year. (Goessling)
- Barr has a $12.3 million base salary in 2021, $7.1 million of which isn’t guaranteed until the third day of the 2021 league year.
- Barr has $100,000 workout bonuses each year of the deal, and from 2021-2023 he has per-game roster bonuses of up to $500,000. From 2020-2023, Barr has base salary escalators based on sacks of up to $3 million each year. (Goessling)
- The Vikings will visit with Wisconsin LB Andrew Van Ginkel. (Jake Kocorowoski)