Buccaneers TE Cameron Brate hopes his January hip surgery to deal with an issue that’s bothered him since 2017 will be helpful.
“Yeah, personally I wish I would have played better last year and everything like that, but I just don’t think I was able to prepare for the season the way I wanted to dealing with the injury,” Brate said via PewterReport.com. “Week to week I wasn’t able to prepare for the games the way I normally would. It was more just kind of getting through the season. More than anything I’m just glad I was able to get it taken care of. I won’t have to deal with that moving forward.”
- The Philly Voice’s Jimmy Kempski outlines the Eagles’ options at safety in the draft, including Mississippi State’s Johnathan Abram, Washington’s Taylor Rapp, Florida’s Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Virginia’s Juan Thornhill, Maryland’s Darnell Savage, Miami’s Sheldrick Redwine and Jaquan Johnson, Iowa’s Amani Hooker, Alabama’s Deionte Thompson and Boston College’s Lukas Denis.
- Philly.com’s Les Bowen believes defensive tackle is a strong option for the Eagles in the first round, with candidates including Mississippi State’s Jeffery Simmons, Clemson’s Dexter Lawrence or Notre Dame’s Jerry Tillery.
- Some “surprise” candidates for the Eagles’ first-round pick, according to Eliot Shorr-Parks, include Simmons, Alabama RB Josh Jacobs, N.C. State C Garrett Bradbury, Alabama State OT Tytus Howard, LSU CB Greedy Williams, Oklahoma WR Marquise Brown or Arizona State WR N’Keal Harry.
- According to NFL Media’s Daniel Jeremiah, some around the league still believe the Giants will select a pass rusher at No. 6 before trying to take a quarterback at No. 17.
- This comes after recent rumors that Dwayne Haskins or Daniel Jones could players to watch at No. 6 overall.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!