- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said first-round DT Vita Vea (calf) is recovering “as expected” and ran in pads during Sunday’s practice. (Greg Auman)
- According to Greg Auman, there’s a good chance the Buccaneers will keep running backs Peyton Barber, Ronald Jones, Jacquizz Rodgers and Shaun Wilson on their 53-man roster and re-sign Dare Ogunbowale to their practice squad.
- On Sunday, the Eagles released LB Corey Nelson. (NFLTR)
- Jimmy Kempski mentions that this means Nelson will no longer count against the Eagles’ compensatory pick formula, which will give Philadelphia an extra 2019 draft pick that they wouldn’t have if Nelson had made the team.
- According to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, the expectation is that Aaron Donald‘s next contract is expected to be in the neighborhood of $22 million per year and $80 million fully guaranteed at signing.
- Rams GM Les Snead tells Florio of contract talks with Donald: “We’re working to come to a solution that gets Aaron Donald here as soon as possible and keeps Aaron Donald here for a long time.”
- However, Rams HC Sean McVay says there’s no update on the Donald situation. (Lindsey Thiry)
- McVay added in an “ideal situation“, he’d like Donald to report by the end of this week so that he could acclimate and ready for the season opener. Although, McVay admitted that “it’s hard to say” if Donald will report to the team. (Lindsey Thiry)
- We have him featured in our Top 25 – 2019 NFL Free Agents list.