- Per the Athletic’s Greg Auman, Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said there would be a designed package for WR Antonio Brown and how much he plays Week 9 will be up in the air: “It could be 10 plays, it could be 35 plays.”
- Buccaneers’ QB Tom Brady opened up about Brown living with him as he joins the team: “He’s just getting settled and l know he’s looking for places. It’s nice to have him around…It’s a big transition for him moving across the state not knowing anyone. I’m just trying to be a good teammate and help somebody out” (Rick Stroud)
- According to NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo, the Falcons had been looking for a fourth-round pick for DE Takk McKinley but didn’t find any takers.
- Garafolo notes Atlanta didn’t want to give up McKinley for less than what it could potentially get back in terms of a compensatory draft pick if McKinley walks this offseason.
“It’s not a bad question, but it’s not one that I can answer,” Rodgers said, via Pro Football Talk. “We’ve had many conversations about this type of thing over the years. I surely understand my role. I’m not gonna stomp for anybody. The last time I stomped for a player, he ended up going to Buffalo. I like the guys that we have. We need more production, more consistency at times. But I like the guys we got.”
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Packers and Texans had serious discussions about WR Will Fuller but the two sides couldn’t agree on draft pick compensation and the Packers wanted the Texans to take on some of Fuller’s salary.
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport says there’s a sense of pessimism about Packers RB Aaron Jones‘ status for Thursday night against the 49ers with his calf injury.
- With RBs Jamaal Williams and AJ Dillon out this week due to COVID-19, that leaves Tyler Ervin and Dexter Williams as the two backs available for Green Bay.