- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said of WR Chris Godwin‘s progress: “We know what he brings. We’ll see how sore it is tomorrow. He caught the ball fine. … I would anticipate him probably playing.” (Greg Auman)
- Arians mentioned that Joe Haeg can start for Ali Marpet at left guard if Marpet isn’t cleared from concussion protocol: “Yeah, we’ve got a number of options. Joe Haeg has played a bunch of football and Joe will start in Ali’s spot. Ryan Jensen could move to guard and A.Q. Shipley can play center…we’re pretty solid in there with some veteran guys.” (Rick Stroud)
- According to Rick Stroud, Buccaneers DL William Gholston continues to test negative for COVID-19 and has been participating in defensive meetings virtually.
- If Gholston continues to produce negative tests, Stroud says he could be activated from the COVID-19 list for Sunday’s game against the Saints.
- OUT for Week 9: G Ali Marpet (concussion)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: WR Chris Godwin (finger)
McKinley claimed the Falcons declined two deals, including one that would have returned a second-round pick. Multiple sources tell Butt that no such deals were turned down.
The Falcons did speak with teams about McKinley before Tuesday’s deadline, however, the compensation that was being offered was unacceptable and Atlanta decided to move forward with him on their roster.
- Falcons interim HC Raheem Morris said WR Calvin Ridley is in “a great spot” but that he thought he needed one more day of evaluation at practice today to really get a better feel for where he is regarding his Week 9 status. (Tori McElhaney)
- Albert Breer of SI believes that the Falcons would draft QB Trevor Lawrence and either attempt to keep QB Matt Ryan as his mentor or trade him to another organization at some point.
- OUT for Week 9: DE Dante Fowler (hamstring), DE Takkarist McKinley (groin, illness), CB Jordan Miller (oblique)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: WR Calvin Ridley (foot)
- Panthers HC Matt Rhule said he anticipates RB Christian McCaffrey will be activated for this Sunday’s game against the Chiefs. (Myles Simmons)
- In the event LT Russell Okung is unable to play, Rhule expects there to be a rotation at left tackle between Trent Scott, Greg Little, and Dennis Daley. (Myles Simmons)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 9: T Russell Okung (calf)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: S Jeremy Chinn (knee), DE Marquis Haynes (shoulder), DT Zach Kerr (toe)
- Per ESPN’s Mike Triplett, Saints HC Sean Payton said getting back veteran receivers Michael Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders for the second half of the season will be big: “I’m excited these guys are back, and certainly there’s additional targets. Now it’s up to us to be more consistent and take advantage of it.”
- Payton was asked about QB Drew Brees and WR Mike Thomas‘ status and said they’ll wait until gameday to make a decision: “We’ll see. I thought we had a good week of preparation. And we’ll wait ’til gameday.” (Luke Johnson)
- However, Dianna Russini reports that both Brees and Thomas are both expected to be active on Sunday night against the Bucs.
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 9: WR Michael Thomas (ankle, hamstring)