“He’s a spectacular player and I think from my perspective, it’s just me giving him opportunities to touch the ball, catch it and figuring out different ways based on different styles of defense that we’re getting that enable him to touch it,” Brady said, via ProFootballTalk. “He’s an incredible player when he gets it and he’s an incredible player before he gets it. [We’re] working hard at it and again, I wish I’d be making every throw exactly the way I want. The only thing I can say is we’re trying to get it right, trying to figure out how to get everybody involved and put together a lot of different pieces that have never been together – including myself.”
When asked about how Brady and Evans can solve their chemistry issues, Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians said “just throw to him,” while adding that coverages can dictate where Brady passes to.
“Just throw it to him,” Arians said. “The key is where the quarterback reads it out. Some guy may be open on this side, but the coverage tells him to go to the other side. It’s just a matter of we have plenty of weapons – throw to the guy that’s open.”
- Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians expects CB Carlton Davis (knee) to be ready for Sunday’s game after sitting out Thursday’s practice. (Greg Auman)
- Arians said Buccaneers G Ali Marpet was able to participate in Friday’s practice but is still going through the league’s concussion protocol. (Jenna Laine)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: CB Carlton Davis (knee), G Ali Marpet (concussion), WR Jaydon Mickens (not injury related)
- The Atlanta Falcons are bringing in LB Jake Carlock for a visit this week, according to Aaron Wilson.
- Panthers HC Matt Rhule said he is hopeful that RB Christian McCaffrey (shoulder) will return for Week 11. (Joe Person)
- Panthers placed DE Stephen Weatherly and RB Reggie Bonnafon on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- OUT for Week 10: RB Reggie Bonnafon (ankle), RB Christian McCaffrey (shoulder), T Russell Okung (calf), DE Stephen Weatherly (finger)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: S Jeremy Chinn (knee), DE Yetur Gross-Matos (ankle), DE Marquis Haynes (shoulder), CB Donte Jackson (toe), DE Austin Larkin (groin)
“There’s a competitive nature to the player,” Payton said, via Katherine Terrell of The Athletic. “And I think that we’ve got real good leadership throughout our team that can help him with that. And yet, there’s a competitiveness to how he plays. I thought he handled himself well after all that had gone on.”