Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians made it clear that drops from their running backs in practice are “unacceptable.”
“I didn’t think our running backs were particularly sharp catching the ball today and it started in warmups,” Arians said, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. “We addressed it after practice and everybody has got to be ready to go . . . they need to catch them. It’s unacceptable.”
- Arians said that S Mike Edwards missed practice today due to an eye infection that makes him sensitive to light. (Jenna Laine)
- The Buccaneers had rookie Antoine Winfield Jr take reps in place of Edwards.
- The Buccaneers hosted free agent receivers Greg Dortch, Shelton Gibson and Spencer Schnell for visits on Sunday, according to Albert Breer.
Falcons’ S Keanu Neal is looking forward to getting his career back on track following a series of devastating injuries.
“Recently, I kind of told myself that I’m starting to get my groove back,” Neal said, via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I’m starting to see things again. A play that I can be faster on. I saw that after the fact. Next time I get that, I can be there. It’s all coming back.”
- Saints HC Sean Payton said that WR Tre’Quan Smith is in good shape and makes catches in traffic that others can’t, adding: “He’s an important part of what we’re doing offensively.” (Nick Underhill)
- The New Orleans Saints hosted DB Christopher Fredrick and DB Kemon Hall for tryouts on Saturday, according to Albert Breer.