- Per Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Buccaneers GM Jason Licht and HC Bruce Arians got on their call with QB Tom Brady on Wednesday prepared to do an aggressive pitch to sign him.
- However, Brady did most of the talking and had plenty of questions for the two that showed he had done his homework on the Buccaneers. He wanted to know if WRs Mike Evans and Chris Godwin were “good guys” and ended the call with a list of phone numbers of Buccaneers teammates.
- Now that Brian Hoyer has signed with the Patriots, Stroud says there’s a “good chance” the Buccaneers will re-sign Blaine Gabbert as their backup quarterback to Tom Brady.
- The Athletic’s Greg Auman says things are still quiet between the Buccaneers and DT Ndamukong Suh. He points out Arians has expressed an interest in bringing him back and Suh didn’t sign until late May last year.
- Buccaneers LB Kevin Minter‘s one-year deal includes a $1.05 million base salary and $137,500 roster bonus. (Adam Caplan)
- Redskins LB Thomas Davis‘ one-year, $3.5 million deal includes a $1.75 million signing bonus, $1.5 million base salary, up to $250,000 in active roster bonuses and a $250,000 playing time incentive. (Aaron Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!