- Per CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora, Buccaneers QB Tom Brady is the primary reason WR Antonio Brown was signed by the team. Brady personally vouched for Brown and said he will work closely with him to make sure he behaves.
- La Canfora adds Brown will stay with Brady for at least part of the season and the quarterback has vowed to make sure Brown attends all meetings and complies with the virus protocols, per a source: “He guaranteed BA (coach Bruce Arians) that he would make sure this guy did everything he has to do, even if Brady has to drive him there himself. These two are going to be joined at the hip. And they made it clear to Brady that Brown is on a very short leash. If he (slips up), he’s gone.”
- Brady has stayed in contact with Brown throughout his turmoil-filled past 12 months, working to get him resources for his mental and physical health like life coaches, per La Canfora.
- Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer reports Brown and Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians have cleared the air between the two. Glazer adds Brown is in terrific shape and will be ready to play in Week 9 when he’s eligible.
- Arians didn’t rule out Tampa Bay potentially making another move before the deadline:“You never know. We don’t know what this ball game is going to bring yet. [GM] Jason [Licht’s] got some things on the table if we need them, but I wouldn’t say we’ll probably be really active.” (Pro Football Talk)
- Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin initially had a prognosis of four to six weeks for his broken finger but that was adjusted downward after he had a pin put in his finger. He could return Week 9 against the Saints. (Adam Schefter)
- CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora says the Panthers are open to acquiring young front seven talent, particularly at middle linebacker.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Saints DT Sheldon Rankins is believed to have suffered a mild MCL sprain. He’ll undergo an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the issue.
- According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders is expected to be activated from the COVID-19 list and rejoin the team this week. He should be able to play Week 9 against the Buccaneers.
- The Saints are hosting TE Ethan Wolf for a visit this week. (Aaron Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!