In his debut with the Buccaneers, WR Antonio Brown ended up playing 39 snaps, which was 78 percent of Tampa Bay’s total. While that was affected by how quickly the Buccaneers fell behind on Sunday night against the Saints, HC Bruce Arians said that’s on the higher side of what they anticipated.
“His pitch count was a little higher than we anticipated,” Arians said via JoeBucsFan.com. “But we tried to go two-minute early in the ballgame just to get some life, so his pitch count was up a little bit. But he handled it really, really well. . . . He did everything he needed to do to play well in that ballgame. The guys embraced him. They all helped him. And nobody works any harder than him on the practice field, so that was easy.”
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero highlights Buccaneers OC Byron Leftwich on his list of young, up-and-coming coaches who could get interest for a head coaching job this offseason.
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey has a realistic chance to play in Week 11 against the Lions. McCaffrey has been ruled out this week with a shoulder injury.
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero mentions the Panthers did a lot of research on Clemson OC Tony Elliott, who declined a formal interview for their head coaching job. Pelissero says Elliott is expected to draw interest from the NFL again this cycle.
- Pelissero highlights Panthers OC Joe Brady on his list of young, up-and-coming coaches who could get interest for a head coaching job this offseason.
- Panthers DC Phil Snow said there’s “no question” Brady has what it takes to be a head coach despite his youth, citing his command of the room and work with quarterbacks everywhere he’s gone. (Joe Person)
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero expects Saints assistant HC/TE coach Dan Campbell to still draw head coaching interest this year after being on his list of young, up-and-coming coaches who could get interest for a head coaching job last offseason.