- ESPN’s Jenna Laine notes Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians told his veteran players to rest during OTAs, as he wanted to avoid a mistake he thought he made pushing the Cardinals too hard in the spring after their NFC championship appearance in 2015.
- Arizona struggled with injuries the following season and Arians wants to work to keep Tampa Bay as healthy overall as it was last season.
- ESPN’s David Newton notes that by trading for QB Sam Darnold, the Panthers sent a clear signal they thought he was the best option for them at the position, ahead of Teddy Bridgewater and whoever might be available with the No. 8 pick, which turned out to be both Justin Fields and Mac Jones.
- Newton mentions Panthers HC Matt Rhule ascribed some of Carolina’s difficulties in the red zone last season to a lack of a threat at tight end, which the team addressed by signing Dan Arnold and drafting Tommy Tremble in the third round.
- Panthers S Jeremy Chinn said his versatility is one of his biggest strengths: “You can use me anywhere, as long as you’re using me.” (SiriusXM)
Saints DE Cameron Jordan said even in his eleventh season, he is as motivated as he’s ever been.
“So this is something that I’m chasing,” said Jordan, via ESPN’s Mike Triplett. “Year  is really Year 1 starting back up again. Ten years behind me, ten years ahead of me. … I’m more rejuvenated than ever before.”
Jordan added he relishes being the leader of the team.
“This has been my same role the last seven years since we had that big excavation back in ’14,” Jordan said. “Guys were looking up to me, and then I didn’t know how to truly handle it. I was just young enough where I was trying to figure out my own way as well.