Cardinals QB Kyler Murray was terrific again on Sunday, adding 67 more rushing yards and two scores on the ground. He’s the first quarterback in the Super Bowl era to have over 150 yards and three touchdowns on the ground over the first two weeks of a season.
“I’ve watched that since he was 15 years old,” Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury said via ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss. “He is one of the most dangerous people probably in the league when he’s in the open field like that, and he is as elusive as anybody, and that’s a weapon. He’s just got to be able to protect himself, which he does a good job of.”
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport says 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo suffered a high ankle sprain and will miss at least one game, possibly more.
- Rapoport adds both DE Nick Bosa and DL Solomon Thomas are believed to have torn their ACLs and will be out for the rest of the season.
- 49ers RB Raheem Mostert is believed to have suffered a mild MCL sprain fortunately and the 49ers hope he won’t miss many games, per Rapoport.
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan confirmed Mostert will likely not play in Week 3 against the Giants. (Eric Branch)
- However, Shanahan didn’t rule out Garoppolo for Week 3, saying he “still has a chance” and the ankle injury wasn’t as bad as they thought: “We’ll see how that goes this week.” (Cam Inman)
- Shanahan noted DE Dee Ford has more of a back injury after being initially ruled out with neck spasms in Week 2. (Inman)
- San Francisco’s one-year deal with DE Ezekiel Ansah is worth $3 million. (Rapoport)
- 49ers TE Jordan Reed, who caught two touchdowns in Week 2, said he decided not to retire despite several concussions when he saw the 49ers’ Super Bowl run. (Pro Football Talk)
- According to NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, Seahawks S Quandre Diggs won’t face a suspension for the hit that resulted in his ejection on Sunday night. He is potentially facing a fine, though.
- Per John Boyle of the team website, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll confirmed S Marquise Blair‘s knee injury was “probably fairly serious” and the 2019 second-round pick would miss a ton of time: “This guy’s just getting started, just getting going with us.”