Cardinals RB David Johnson admitted that he would like to get a long-term extension in place this offseason, but his immediate concern is just getting back to full health.
“I hope so,” Johnson said on the PFT PM podcast. “But I’m really focusing more on getting this injury (healed) and making sure I’m ready to play in 2018, that I am healthy as possible. Especially with so much going on in the offseason with the coaches and the quarterback and stuff, I can’t really focus too much on the contract talk.”
Interestingly enough, Johnson fully expects WR Larry Fitzgerald to return for the 2018 season.
“Larry is going to come back,” Johnson said, via AzCardinals.com. “He’s still playing at a high level.”
“He’s gotta come back,” Johnson added. “He’s got to help us get us to that Super Bowl we’re trying to get.”
- Johnson also said he was hoping QB Carson Palmer would not retire and he attempted to “recruit him to come back.”
- The Philadelphia Eagles officially list LB Dannell Ellerbe (hamstring) as questionable for Sunday’s NFC Championship game against the Vikings.
The Giants are reportedly preferred to hire Vikings OC Pat Shurmur as their next head as soon as Minnesota’s season has officially ended.
Regarding his meeting with the Giants, Shurmur says that he felt “connected on a lot of levels” with the team.
“I thought it was a really good conversation and I felt we connected on a lot of levels,” Shurmur said, via Mark Cannizzaro of the New York Post. “I walked away saying — and I knew this going into it — that’s an iconic franchise. I walked away feeling that same amount of respect for them. When I think of them, I just have great respect for what they’ve accomplished. They’ve won through the years, the players, the Lombardi Trophies, it’s iconic in a lot of ways. I know when I was with the Eagles and we got on the bus and rode up the parkway I was looking forward to competing against them. That’s a little piece of me.”
- Giants GM Dave Gettleman said of his meeting with QB Eli Manning: “We had a great conversation and everything went well.” (New York Post)
- The Minnesota Vikings officially ruled out DT Shamar Stephen (knee) for Sunday’s NFC Championship game against the .
- The Vikings also list WR Adam Thielen (back) and CB Mackensie Alexander (rib) as questionable.
- While S Anthony Harris (Knee), C Pat Elflein (shoulder) and WR Michael Floyd were limited in practice this week, they’re expected to play on Sunday.