Despite running a 4.47 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine, Cardinals WR Christian Kirk said he feels like he’s been slighted over his short NFL career for not really being that fast. The former second-round pick in his second season admitted he felt vindicated in some way by outrunning the entire Buccaneers defense on two of his three touchdowns Sunday.
“That sits with me,” Kirk said via Darren Urban of the team website. “Ever since draft day and hearing everybody talk. Every Sunday I go out there and keep continuing to prove people wrong. I keep trying to put on film, I haven’t been caught from behind too many times. Just keep trying to outrun people.”
- The Lions officially added FB Nick Bawden (foot) to their injury report on Sunday.
- Lions RB Ty Johnson has officially cleared the league’s concussion protocol.
- Lions promoted RB Bo Scarbrough to the active roster. (NFLTR)
- Lions waived RB Paul Perkins.
“His development is obviously a huge thing,” O’Connell said, via JP Finlay of NBC Sports. “I think the day-to-day, minute-to-minute process of him growing as an NFL quarterback and now our starting quarterback is huge.”
- Vikings S Jayron Kearse said on Twitter that he is “excited for my future.” A fan asked if the Vikings will be part of their future and he replied: “No.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Kearse told Tomasson that he is not starting in Week 11 in place of Anthony Harris (groin), but Andrew Sendejo (groin) could instead get the start if healthy.