Kliff Kingsbury’s agent, Erick Burkhardt, said that his client turned down seven NFL coordinator jobs and multiple lucrative college jobs including with College Football Playoff teams. (Kayce Smith)
Burkhardt added that Kingsbury’s buyout at USC existed if there was an opportunity he couldn’t turn down such as being an NFL head coach.
- Josh Weinfuss reports that the Cardinals let WRs coach Kevin Garver out of his contract and he will now join Bruce Arians’ staff with the Buccaneers.
- The Arizona Cardinals announced Friday that they’ve officially hired Vance Joseph as their new defensive coordinator and brought back former DC Bill Davis to coach linebackers.
- According to Mike Klis, Broncos defensive coordinator Joe Woods was with Vance Joseph in Phoenix last night could also be hired by the Cardinals.
- Rob Demovsky reports that Bengals assistant Brayden Coombs will not be the next the Packers special teams coordinator and isn’t expected to join Matt LaFleur’s staff.
- According to Demovsky, LaFleur’s brother, Mike LaFleur, will not be joining the Packers’ staff either.
- Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski said of interviewing for the Browns’ head coaching job: “It was a good experience to go through and I’m exactly where I need to be, exactly where I want to be. I’m happy to have gone through it, but this is a special opportunity here.” (Courtney Cronin)
- Regarding Stefanski, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said: “He’s a bright, young coach. Very detailed. He’s already given me a list of everything that we’ve got to go through now until training camp. It’s been good. He’s been here for a long time. Great addition to our staff and we’re excited to have him.“