Cardinals QB Kyler Murray said he was excited to just to practice after all he’s been through in terms of the draft process.
“A lot of this process has been a lot of talk and evaluation just to be able to play football again with the guys, to do what you love, it’s fun,” said Murray, via Mike Jurecki.
Following Friday’s practice, Murray said that his feet hurt due to the fact he was forced to wear the wrong cleats.
“My feet hurt a little bit,” Murray said, via ESPN.com. “It’s been a long time since I put cleats on. I’ve been running around. The cleats were pretty new.”
“We’re going to do what (Cook) does best, we’re going to use those plays, but let’s see everything he can do. Let’s test him,” said Campbell, via Luke Johnson.
Campbell called Cook a “phenomenal athlete” and pointed out the veteran’s speed despite being 32-years old.
“A phenomenal athlete. The guy is over 30 and he still runs like the wind. He can absolutely smoke. He’s got 35-inch arms, he is long — man, he is long — and he is fast.”
- Regarding the decision to sign undrafted free agent DE Carl Granderson, who has a trial set on July 15 for third-degree sexual assault and sexual battery, Saints HC Sean Payton said: “We felt real comfortable with everything we knew, and so far he’s done a good job here.” (Josh Katzenstein)
Brady Henderson of ESPN reports that the Seahawks signed 12 undrafted free agents to the following signing bonuses:
- QB Taryn Christion – $10,000
- WR Terry Wright – $10,000
- CB Derrek Thomas – $10,000
- CB Davante Davis – $10,000
- WR Jazz Ferguson – $8,000
- G Demetrius Knox – $8,000
- TE Mik’Quan Dean – $5,000
- TE Justin Johnson – $5,000
- DT Jay-Tee Tiuli – $3,000
- S Jalen Harvey – $2,000
- RB Adam Choice – $1,800
- DT Bryan Mone – $1,000