Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy admitted that he’s actually the one with the most to learn when it comes to the team’s offense.
“The individual that’s had to learn the most has been myself,” McCarthy said, via Ed Werder of ESPN. “It’s been a brand new language, particularly with the run game, for everybody. The protection is a different language and the passing game, as much as we could carry over, we did.”
- Eliot Shorr-Parks of 94 WIP Sports Radio lists 14 players who are fighting for roster spots on the Eagles including: Manasseh Bailey, Deontay Burnett, Robert Davis, Julian Good-Jones, Michael Jacquet, Craig James, Luke Juriga, Kyle Lauletta, Elijah Riley, Prince Smith, Noah Togiai, Casey Tucker, Raequan Williams, and Caleb Wilson.
- Shorr-Parks also provides a list of 21 players who are currently on the roster bubble for the 2020 season: Grayland Arnold, Corey Clement, Rasul Douglas, Marcus Epps, Rudy Ford, Bruce Hector, Nate Herbig, Elijah Holyfield, Adrian Killins, Jordan Mailata, Shareef Miller, Dante Olson, Sua Opeta, Joe Ostman, Josh Perkins, Anthony Rush, Alex Singleton, Michael Warren, Quez Watkins, John Hightower, and Casey Toohill.
- George Mosher reports that veteran DE Vinny Curry received a more competitive financial offer from the Browns, but he desired to stay in Philadelphia and so he accepted the Eagles offer.
- Dan Duggan of The Athletic believes that CB Corey Ballentine is first in line to be a starter for the Giants following the loss of cornerbacks Deandre Baker and Sam Beal.
- The Giants are also planning on using rookie CB Darnay Holmes in the slot, according to Duggan.
- Due to his ties to HC Joe Judge during his time with the Patriots, Duggan believes that the Giants are simply unwilling to meet the asking price of free agent CB Logan Ryan.
- Duggan says that the team’s reasons for not signing DE Jadeveon Clowney are likely the same, they are not willing to comply with his asking price.
- As for the No. 2 running back spot behind Saquon Barkley, Duggan writes that he is on the Wayne Gallman bandwagon, but is under the impression that Dion Lewis will end up getting more snaps due to his skillset.
- Art Stapleton mentions that he doesn’t see S Julian Love as the answer at cornerback for the Giants.