Ravens WR Dez Bryant said he is looking forward to playing the Cowboys in Week 13.
“It’s cool. I’m excited. I’m looking forward to it,” Bryant said, via Jamison Hensley. “A lot of those guys on that team, I know [and] I’m real good friends with. I think when we line up across from one another, it’s going to be fun. It’s going to be an exciting moment.”
Bryant said he is over his previous issue with Dallas and does not consider their Week 13 matchup a grudge match.
“For the most part, it’s water under the bridge,” Bryant said. “That’s two years. I had time to get myself together. You got to go forward with life because life isn’t going to wait on you. Time waits on no one. I had to get myself together and move forward.”
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott called Bryant a “great teammate” and is glad he got an opportunity in Baltimore.
“I think it’s going to be fun,” Elliott said. “Dez was a great teammate. One of my favorite teammates of all time. Even better player. I think it’s definitely great to see him getting his shot again. I wish him the best.”
- Cowboys DE Aldon Smith (illness) returned to practice on Saturday. (Michael Gehlken)
- Cowboys G Zack Martin (calf), LT Cam Erving (knee), and S Steven Parker (ankle) did not participate in Saturday’s practice.
Eagles HC Doug Pederson confirmed he will be “collaborative” with play-calling duties for the remainder of the season but it is his decision whether to relinquish them.
“[It is] my decision to call plays or if I’m going to give them up. It hasn’t been a lot, but something I’ll consider each week,” said Pederson, via Zach Berman.
Pederson reiterated that he is “still the play-caller” and intends on being a “solution” to their offensive struggles.
“Listen, I’m still the play-caller. If I’m going to be part of the solution of the offensive woes, then I’m going to be part of the solution and whatever that takes,” said Pederson, via Berman.
- According to Mike Garafolo, Eagles QBs coach Press Taylor called plays for the entire second half of Week 12’s game against the Seahawks. Garafolo adds that Eagles HC Doug Pederson was collaborating with Taylor during half of the play calls and they will continue to work that way for the rest of the season.
- The Eagles officially ruled out WR Quez Watkins (illness) from Week 13.
“I think the biggest thing you try to do for a backup quarterback is just try to create a comfortable environment for him,” said Garrett, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.tv. “Typically, your starting quarterback gets a ton of reps with the (first team) all throughout training camp, all throughout the week. The backup quarterback has fewer opportunities to do that. You just have to be mindful of that and understand that he is going into a game that’s being played at full speed by guys who have been playing at that speed all throughout the year. He has to kind of catch up to that speed.”
- Giants placed RB Devonta Freeman on the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Giants promoted QB Clayton Thorson and OLB Niko Lalos to their active roster.
- Giants signed QB Alex Tanney to their practice squad.