- Cowboys DC Dan Quinn said he’s been “really impressed” with Will LB Leighton Vander Esch so far in OTAs: “Every once in a while you can just see a person is on a mission. I think that’s what I have seen from Leighton since I arrived.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Cowboys OC Kellen Moore mentioned RB Ezekiel Elliott has had an “awesome offseason” and has done well in practice thus far: “Great. Zeke has had an awesome offseason. …He’s had total command of the whole thing. …Fast, crisp. In and out of things. He looks really good, and we’re excited.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Moore added that Dak Prescott (ankle) is in a “really good place” and that they have not limited him in practice: “We’re in a really good place with him. He feels really good. We’re playing football like Dak has always played football.” (Jon Machota)
- Cowboys’ RT La’el Collins mentioned his rehab process and being able to recover alongside Prescott: “It gives me chills to think about it because he don’t complain. … When I see that guy, that’s who I do it for. I do it for that guy. That’s my locker mate, and I’ll protect him at all costs.” (Jon Machota)
“He likes to teach,” Scott said, via Mike Kaye of NJ.com. “We’ll be running routes, and he’ll have his helmet on, and he’ll take off his helmet and then he’ll go run the route. Not only is he a hard worker, and takes care of his stuff individually, but he also wants to make the people around him better.”
Eagles’ TE Dallas Goedert said he is looking forward to playing with Hurts during the upcoming season.
“Playing with Jalen is going to be a lot of fun,” Goedert said. “In the passing game, obviously, he can do it all. He can make plays, he can extend plays. He does a great job of keeping his eyes downfield, but when he needs to run, he can obviously take off, we all know that.”
- Mike Kaye of NJ.com reports that undrafted WR Trevon Grimes recently underwent a knee procedure and that his injury is not considered to be serious.
- Giants TE Evan Engram said he isn’t focused on entering the final year in his contract: “My motivation is in the moment right now. All that stuff is in the future.” (Jordan Raanan)
- Engram mentioned “ball security” as something he wants to improve.
- Giants DT Leonard Williams wants their defensive line to continue developing this offseason: “We’ve just got to keep growing. … It starts right now and it starts next week in minicamp.” (Dan Salomone)
- Giants C Nick Gates had high praise of recently hired OL coach Rob Sale: “He’s a good teacher, a good coach, a good person.” (Dan Salomone)