- Cowboys CB Chidobe Awuzie will return from his hamstring injury this week against the Vikings. (Michael Gehlken)
- Cowboys activated QB Andy Dalton and DL Tyrone Crawford from the COVID-19 list. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys placed CB Trevon Diggs on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys designated OT Brandon Knight to return from injured reserve.
- Cowboys activated CB Rashard Robinson from the practice squad injured list.
The decline of the Eagles since winning the Super Bowl after the 2017 season has also matched the puzzling regression of QB Carson Wentz. The former No. 2 pick has gone from playing at an MVP level to leading the league in interceptions. If it was one thing, it would be fixed by now, but the reasons behind Wentz’s fall are complicated. Both he, the coaching staff and the team around him share in the blame.
“Their reality is the team around Carson isn’t nearly as good as it used to be,” a current NFL scout told FanSided’s Matt Lombardo. “Their offensive line has been decimated by injuries, their wide receiving corps is banged up, and the running game just isn’t there from week to week. He’s definitely part of the issue and his decision-making is worse than ever, but all that goes hand-in-hand.”
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson says the plan is to gradually work TE Zach Ertz back into the offense. (Zach Berman)
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero writes new Giants OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo was actually hired as a consultant a week ago and was supposed to start at the end of the week.
- DeGuglielmo was supposed to work alongside former OL coach Marc Colombo. But Colombo didn’t react well to the news which resulted in his firing Wednesday, per NFL Media’s Mike Garafolo.
- Garafolo reiterates a report from NorthJersey.com’s Art Stapleton and others on the beat that the argument between Colombo and HC Joe Judge was not physical.
- ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler writes if the Giants don’t end up picking in the top ten, their best option might be trying to make it work with QB Daniel Jones for another season.