- Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy said RB Ezekiel Elliott (calf) is a “little further behind” with Week 15’s preparation after being limited in practice this week but is still expected to play in Sunday’s game against the 49ers.
- McCarthy mentioned that S Xavier Woods (groin) was limited in Thursday’s practice as a precautionary measure, but will play in Week 15.
- McCarthy also sounded optimistic CB Chidobe Awuzie (COVID-19), CB Trevon Diggs (foot), and S Donovan Wilson (groin) will play.
- The Dallas Cowboys are bringing in defensive backs Kemon Hall and Simeon Thomas for tryouts this week, according to Albert Breer.
- OUT for Week 15: CB Deante Burton (shoulder)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: RB Ezekiel Elliott (calf), CB Rashard Robinson (knee), S Xavier Woods (groin)
As quickly as he appeared, Eagles WR Travis Fulgham has disappeared in recent weeks. Fulgham looked like a breakout star with 29 catches for 435 yards and five touchdowns in a five-game stretch before Philadelphia’s bye week. Since the bye, though, Fulgham has just four catches in five games and his playing time has fallen all the way down to 11 snaps this past week. Fulgham’s mysterious dropoff makes more sense when listening to Old Dominion ST coordinator Mike Zyskowski, who recruited Fulgham, talk about how his college career was “not always peaches and cream,” as Fulgham had to learn to bounce back from a similar dropoff his junior season.
“Obviously, the ups outweighed the downs,” Zyskowski said via Mike Sielski of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “But he had to learn how to work. He had to learn how to give maximum effort, how to be a professional every day. I don’t think he knew those practice habits. I think he just knew he had to go hard when the ball was coming to him. He didn’t understand he had to block, to be a scout-team guy, to give effort on every rep on offense and on special teams.”
- The Philadelphia Eagles are hosting free agent T Casey Tucker for a visit this week, according to Albert Breer.
- OUT for Week 15: T Jack Driscoll (knee), CB Avonte Maddox (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: S Grayland Arnold (hamstring), DT Malik Jackson (concussion), CB Darius Slay (concussion)
Giants TEs coach Freddie Kitchens admitted that it’s “kind of ironic” to be calling plays against his former team, the Cleveland Browns, in Week 15.
“That’s kind of ironic. Really, it truly is just the next game. We’ve kind of prepared for this throughout the year,” said Kitchen, via Ralph Vacchiano.
Kitchens added that New York won’t make any changes to their offense against his former team.
“You really think we would talk about that right now?” Kitchens said, via Scott Petrak of BrownsZone. “No, nothing’s changing with our offense. Our offense is our offense.”
Giants HC Joe Judge said he would like to make a decision on QB Daniel Jones‘ (hamstring) availability for Week 15 on Friday.
“I’d like to have a much better idea (today). In a perfect world, I’d like to have a decision today. I can’t say 100 percent that’s the case, but I’m leaning towards making a decision today if possible,” said Judge, via Vacchiano.
- Judge mentioned that Jones will “get his share of first-team reps” in Friday’s practice. (Matt Lombardo)
- Dan Duggan expects Giants’ backup QB Colt McCoy to start this week.
- OUT for Week 15: CB Darnay Holmes (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: TE Evan Engram (calf), QB Daniel Jones (hamstring, ankle), TE Kaden Smith (knee)
Washington QB Dwayne Haskins wouldn’t elaborate when asked if Week 15’s start was a second chance or final opportunity to be their starter.
“A chance is a chance… Life is hard.. . I like pressure,” said Haskins, via JP Finlay.
Haskins reiterated that he enjoys “the pressure” of starting and still has the “competitive edge” about him.
“If you’re a quarterback and don’t have any competitive edge to you then you shouldn’t be playing quarterback,” said Haskins, via Nicki Jhabvala.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Washington QB Alex Smith (calf) was unable to do “much of anything” in Friday’s practice prior to being officially ruled out from Week 15.
- Washington HC Ron Rivera said RB Antonio Gibson (toe), Rivera said he looked decent, but he isn’t where they need him. Listed as “Doubtful” this week.
- Washington is hosting free-agent TE Dylan Cantrell for a visit this week, according to Albert Breer.
- OUT for Week 15: LB Cole Holcomb (concussion), LB Kevin Pierre-Louis (ankle), QB Alex Smith (calf)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 15: RB Antonio Gibson (toe)