“He threw with authority and accuracy before the game,” Jones said, via Pro Football Talk. “If we were lining up against Tampa tonight, he’d be starting, and we’d feel great about it.”
- Stephania Bell reports Prescott’s lat strain was completely unrelated to his ankle. She also adds Prescott has had zero setbacks and remains on track to play in Week 1.
- According to ESPN’s Todd Archer, Cowboys DC Dan Quinn and DL Carlos Watkins missed Saturday’s preseason game vs. Houston “out of an abundance of caution under the guidelines of the NFL’s COVID-related protocols.”
- According to NJ.com’s Mike Kaye, the Eagles are interested in adding some help at wide receiver but are unlikely to trade future draft picks to address that need.
- However, they could do a player-for-player trade. Kaye highlights Cardinals WR Andy Isabella and Jets WR Keelan Cole as players who could be available for the right price, though neither team is openly shopping them.
- John Keim of ESPN believes that LG Ereck Flowers, WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, and TE Ricky Seals-Jones all currently need to make their case in Washington’s offense while they have the opportunity in the preseason.
- Washington HC Ron Rivera when asked if WR Curtis Samuel will go through a full practice this week: “We’ll see. … The nice thing is we have a little over 21 days before the first game.” (Nicki Jhabvala)