Cowboys’ OC Kellen Moore believes the team’s roster has “a lot of versatility” and “multiple” options.
“Probably multiple,” said Moore, via Jon Machota. “I think the beauty of our current roster is we have a lot of versatility. … Hopefully we can be multiple and present things in different ways, and at the end of the day, still have our foundation and our philosophy.”
- Cowboys seventh-round RB Mike Weber did not take part in Saturday’s second rookie minicamp session because of a sore knee. Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said that Weber is undergoing an MRI to determine the severity of the injury. (Todd Archer)
Falcons HC Dan Quinn said RB Devonta Freeman (groin) will be “full go” for training camp.
“We can’t wait to get Free back,” Quinn said, via D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He’s having such an awesome offseason. His energy, his juice, like him being around the team, you feel what he brings.
“So it’s been awesome having him as part of the offseason program again. When you get to see the team out here this spring, I think you’ll feel the energy at running back certainly with Free leading the way.”
- Regarding Falcons safeties Keanu Neal (knee) and Ricardo Allen (Achilles), Quinn added that both players are off to “excellent starts” with their rehab and the goal is to have them “fully functionally” by training camp.
- Quinn said he has been impressed with sixth-round RB Qadree Ollison‘s size and ability to “move his feet.” (Vaughn McClure)
- As for Falcons’ fourth-round CB Kendall Sheffield, Quinn said he “does exactly” what they want on defense. (Kelsey Conway)
- Quinn said UDFA Jayson Stanley is being used as an outside cornerback during their rookie minicamp but will return to playing receiver during OTAs. (Vaughn McClure)
The Detroit Lions announced the following player personnel staff changes:
- Dave Sears – Director of College Scouting
- Rob Lohman – Director of Pro Scouting
- Justin Licker – Pro Scout
- Noor Davis – Scouting Assistant
- Jordan Martin – Scouting Assistant