- Tom Pelissero of NFL Media explains that the $12.5 million owed to WR Dez Bryant this season includes no guarantees, which means there’s really no pressure on the Cowboys to decide on his future with the team until Week 1 of the season.
- Pelissero admits that it’s hard to image Dallas would want to carry things out that long, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see the Cowboys wait until after the draft before making a decision on Bryant’s future with the team.
- One other note from Pelissero is that Cowboys HC Jason Garrett was in attendance for Alabama’s Pro Day and suggests WR Calvin Ridley as someone could be on the Cowboys’ radar in round one.
Falcons HC Dan Quinn explained that they plan to add “some wrinkles” to their offense this year, but they plan to have a similar style.
“The style should feel similar but there’ll definitely be some wrinkles,” Quinn said, via AtlantaFalcons.com. “Style meaning the way we want to run the ball, the way we want to come off the ball. At the end of it, can we execute better? They’ll be some new wrinkles for sure. We’re not doing triple option or anything with Matt Ryan. But there will definitely be some new parts of the offense this year. How do we feature the running backs, how do we feature the guys in different ways?”
- Joe Person reports that Charleston businessman and Panthers bidder Ben Navarro will make a site visit to Charlotte next week.
- According to Person, Canadian steel magnate Alan Kestenbaum was in Charlotte this past Wednesday for a site visit.
- UCF CB Mike Hughes has a pre-draft visit lined up with the Panthers for mid-April. (Jourdan Rodrigue)