- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice.com writes that the Eagles should probably trade backup QB Nick Foles this offseason, given that there’s no question about Carson Wentz being the team’s starting quarterback moving forward.
- Kempski says that Foles’ value to another team would be far greater than it is to the Eagles if they’re convinced Wentz will be ready to return.
- Philadelphia has Foles under contract for the 2018 season but he’ll be an unrestricted free agent the following year. This means that it would probably be best for them to try to trade him this offseason for a draft pick.
- The only question for Philadelphia is when Wentz will return from the ACL and LCL tears and the overall expectation is that he should be fine for the start of the 2018 season.
- Adam Schefter reports that new Giants HC Pat Shurmur was able to retain assistant OL coach Lunda Wells, despite interest from the Raiders and other teams. Schefter adds that Wells will take over as the Giants’ TE coach.
- Jordan Raanan reports that Bill McGovern (LBs), Craig Johnson (RBs) and Chris Pridy (coaching asset) are also expected to return as members of the Giants’ coaching staff.
- Ralph Vacchiano of SNY reports that Vikings QBs coach Kevin Stefanski is a “strong candidate” for the Giants’ offensive coordinator job if he doesn’t take the same position with Minnesota.
- According to Vacchiano, other names worth watching for the Giants include Eagles RBs coach Duce Staley and former Cardinals OC Harold Goodwin.
- The Panthers are set to begin GM interviews next week with interim Marty Hurney, Texans assistant GM Jimmy Raye III and Bills assistant college scouting director Lake Dawson being among those who will meet with Carolina. (NFLTR)
- Titans director of player personnel Ryan Cowden is also expected to get an interview for the position.
- Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reports that Hurney is considered the front-runner to keep the job full time.
- According to Person, another candidate to watch for the Panthers’ job is senior executive scout Don Gregory.
- Panthers COO Tina Becker will lead the search, with assistance from spokesman Steven Drummond, head coach Ron Rivera and Panthers associate general counsel Steve Argeris.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!