- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, the Eagles are expected to get RB Miles Sanders and WR Alshon Jeffery back in Week 10 coming off the bye.
- According to Adam Schefter, the Giants received multiple offers for TE Evan Engram but decided he had more value to the team unless they were offered a first-round pick.
- Giants DL Leonard Williams said of his big season in a contract year: “It’s not about money for me. It’s more about respect and just proving what I am and gaining respect from my peers. I think it’s just coming together.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
Washington HC Ron Rivera announced that Alex Smith will start Week 10’s game against the Lions with Dwayne Haskins serving as the team’s backup.
“We’re going to continue to go forward with the setup the way it is. Alex will start and Dwayne [Haskins] will be the backup going forward,” Rivera said, via NBC Washington.
Rivera said he was “very pleased” with Smith’s performance on Sunday.
“I was very pleased. It was exciting to watch him get out there and see the things he did, to control the tempo the way he did.” Rivera said. “It’s unfortunate with the interceptions. He tried to make things happen, he tried to force things and unfortunately, bad things happened this time.”
- Smith said he had a “ton of emotions” seeing QB Kyle Allen carted off with a serious ankle injury: “I knew it was pretty serious. You see them bring out the aircast and the cart. I know that routine pretty well.” (Matthew Paras)
- Smith said he wasn’t thinking about his leg this time around: “No question, I really felt good.” (Matthew Paras)