In what’s been a theme for the Eagles in 2020, K Jake Elliott has made the easy things look hard in 2020, as he’s battled inconsistency on shorter kicks. He’s missed two field goals shorter than 30 yards and two extra points this season.
“First and foremost, I want to say it’s frustrating,” Elliott said via NBC Sports’ Dave Zangaro. “I would say it’s embarrassing, for lack of a better term.”
- Mike Kaye of NJ.com believes that Eagles’ GM Howie Roseman should at least get one more year with the franchise due to their current quarterback situation
- Kaye adds that the team could consider an assistant GM who is a former GM such as John Dorsey, Rick Smith, Dave Caldwell, Doug Whaley, or Bob Quinn.
Giants OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo said he feels “terrible” about their offensive line’s performance in Week 14’s loss to the Cardinals.
“Good teams can pass block when everybody knows you have to throw the ball,’’ DeGuglielmo said, via Paul Schwartz of the New York Post. “Good offensive lines can do that. We were not a good offensive line the other day. Yeah, I feel terrible about it. I feel terrible for the guy who is taking the hits, that’s who I feel terrible about it for.”
DeGuglielmo mentioned that their offensive line has struggled with stunts along the exterior line this season.
“Well, I think if you watch the film it really hasn’t been handled well all year,’’ DeGuglielmo said.
However, DeGuglielmo believes the Giants’ offensive line has done well with their double-teams.
“I don’t think our double-teams were very good,’’ DeGuglielmo said. “We’ve made that a point of emphasis and we just didn’t rise to the occasion.’’
- Dan Duggan reports Giants ILBs coach Kevin Sherrer and defensive assistant Jody Wright will take over former OLBs coach Brett Bielema‘s duties for the remainder of the season now that he’s been hired by the University of Illinois.
- According to Jeremy Fowler, Giants QB Daniel Jones (hamstring) had a “slightly open” chance to start in Week 15. However, Colt McCoy is on track to start Sunday’s game.
- Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News also reports that Giants’ offensive assistant Stephen Brown tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently in quarantine. Leonard adds that the Giants are working with the league to determine close contact designations but no players have tested positive as of Friday.
- According to Zack Rosenblatt, Giants CB Darnay Holmes (knee) has been ruled out from Sunday’s game and is unlikely to play in Week 16 as well. Rosenblatt adds that Holmes’ knee injury is not healing “as quickly as hoped.”
- Giants TE Evan Engram is expected to play in Sunday’s game after appearing on Friday’s injury report with a calf issue. (Dan Duggan)
Washington QB Dwayne Haskins is extremely thankful that he could get another opportunity to start for the team that drafted him and says that he has taken being benched as an opportunity to grow.
“Tears came to my eyes as I was leaving the field just thankful to be back on the grass again because I didn’t know when I was going to be on the grass again,” Haskins said, via Rhiannon Walker of The Athletic. “I’m excited that we’re first in a division. That’s something that we’ve wanted and been working for since the beginning of the season and it’s right there for us. I’m glad I got to be able to help today and help propel us forward. I would say the biggest growth that I’ve had is just as a person. This is the most adversity I’ve faced since coming into this world. I lean on a lot of people, a lot of mentors, family, close ones. I prayed and I prayed again. I’m just glad that I’m able to be here right now and tell you guys that I’m thankful. That’s all I care about right now.”