- Eliot Shorr-Parks makes the case for the Eagles making an aggressive trade for Seahawks S Earl Thomas.
- Shorr-Parks considers Thomas to be a “perfect fit” for the Eagles’ defense and would be able to step in and replace Rodney McLeod, who was placed on injured reserve, at free safety.
- Shorr-Parks notes that Philadelphia actually has two second-round picks to work with next year, so they could be willing to part with one of them for a serious upgrade like Thomas.
- The other issue for the Eagles is the fact that trading draft picks for Thomas would force them to consider signing Thomas to an extension right away, seeing as he’ll be an unrestricted free agent next year. Philadelphia has around $4 million of cap space to work with right now, which isn’t a lot when it comes to paying a high-end salary.
- Given that the Eagles have a decent shot at repeating as Super Bowl champions, Shorr-Parks believes a trade for Thomas would be worth it.
Packers OC Joe Philbin said he’s impressed with what he saw from RB Aaron Jones in his first game back from suspension.
“Yeah, that was really my first legitimate exposure (to him) in a regular game,” Philbin said, via PackersNews.com. “Really liked some of the things he did. He’s definitely got some explosiveness, some twitch, some playmaking ability. A couple of runs where he made some things happen just on his own. That’s something that you need as an offense.
“You certainly devise, design plays and hope that they work and get your playmakers in some spaces with some opportunities, and certainly you have some of those, but man it really helps if the players can make a guy miss. Make a couple guys miss like he did.”
- According to Ian Rapoport, Packers WR Randall Cobb (hamstring) did not practice on Saturday and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game.
- According to Tom Pelissero, Eric Reid’s one-year contract with the Panthers breaks down to a $1 million base salary (factoring in proration), $30,000 for each game active and $610,000 in incentives for a total of $2 million.