- Jordan Raanan mentions that USC QB Sam Darnold is likely the only quarterback the Giants would select at No. 2 overall, unless GM Dave Gettleman disregards his scouts.
- New Packers DE Muhammad Wilkerson explained during a conference call on Thursday that he took other visits to “make sure the fit was right. Ultimately Green Bay was the best fit for me. Got a good vibe with the coaches and the staff.” (Rob Devmosky)
- Wilkerson said that playing for his former defensive coordinator Mike Pettine “had a key part in it.”
- Regarding how things ended with the Jets, Wilkerson said he had no regrets: “At the end of the day, it’s a business. Somethings just don’t work out as planned. I’m looking for a fresh start in Green Bay and looking forward to better things.” (Rob Demovsky)
- Wilkerson said of playing under a one-year, prove-it deal with the Packers: “I’m ready to get back to my dominant play. I know what type of player I’m capable of being. I’m just ready to do it at a new place.” (Rob Demovsky)
- According to Chris Tomasson, the Vikings are still giving thought to possibly moving Mike Remmers to right guard.
- Assuming this is the case, Tomasson says the Vikings starting right tackle next season could be a guy they take in the first round of the draft at No. 30 overall.
- Although Tomasson adds that Rashod Hill would also be in the mix for the job.
- Tomasson also reports that the Vikings are not considering re-signing WR Michael Floyd at this point in time.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!