Falcons reporter D. Orlando Ledbetter said during an interview with ESPN Charlotte that the team doesn’t feel good about the WR Julio Jones relationship with Terrell Owens.
“The fact that he’s running around with Terrell Owens has the front office uneasy,” Ledbetter said, via Pro Football Talk.
Jones was expected to be in attendance for mandatory minicamp before he decided not to show.
“The coach was expecting him in here,” Ledbetter said. “Then a few weeks later Julio informed them he’s not going to be here.”
Ledbetter confirmed that Jones wants “an adjustment” to his contract and added that the relationship between the parties is “in a bad place right now.”
- Matt Lombardo of NJ.com mentions that fifth-round DL R.J. McIntosh, who has yet to take a single rep in practice due to an undisclosed medical condition, “likely faces an uphill climb to make the 53-man roster at one of the team’s deepest position groups.”
- Lombardo expects Andrew Adams and Darian Thompson battle it out for the starting free safety job this summer, but he adds that Adams appears to be “an ideal fit” for New York.
- According to Lombardo, Davis Webb would be the “runaway favorite” to be the Giants’ backup quarterback if the season started today after an impressive showing during offseason workouts.
Rich Tandler of NBC Washington takes a look at and ranks the Redskins’ biggest roster moves this offseason including:
- Trading for QB Alex Smith
- Drafting DL Da’Ron Payne and RB Derrius Guice
- Not franchising QB Kirk Cousins for the third straight year
- Losing Trent Murphy, Spencer Long and Ryan Grant in free agency
- Trading S Su’a Cravens to the Broncos