- Per the Associated Press, Falcons HC Dan Quinn said RB Devonta Freeman should be ready for OTA’s, while safeties Keanu Neal and Ricardo Allen are targeting training camp in late July for their return.
- Quinn added he liked the versatility he saw from rookie CB Kendall Sheffield and rookie RB Qadree Ollison.
The Giants are hoping a second-year jump from LB Lorenzo Carter will help address questions about their pass rush in 2019.
“He’s got the tools where he’s strong enough, he’s got the athletic ability,” LB coach Mike Dawson said via NJ.com’s Matt Lombardo. “Really kind of getting to know this language. He was in kind of a 3-4 system in college, but some of the terms are different. It may be the same term, just named something different, and having to process that in your head. Now when you don’t have to think about that, it’s just natural where you just kind of react, I think that helps you play a little bit better.”
- Giants UDFA Eric Dungey‘s deal includes a $5,000 signing bonus and $5,000 of his base salary guaranteed. (Pat Leonard)
- OT Mike Remmers‘ contract is worth $2.5 million and includes $1 million guaranteed. The deal can potentially be worth up to $4 million with incentives. (Leonard)
- RB Rod Smith‘s contract includes a base salary of $805,000, which is the vet minimum, a $65,000 roster bonus and a $25,000 workout bonus. (Leonard)
- Sixth-round CB Corey Ballentine officially joined the team after he was shot shortly after being drafted. (Jordan Raanan)
- During OTA’s, the quarterback snaps went to Eli Manning, Alex Tanney, then Daniel Jones in that order, per Dan Duggan.
- Giants QB Kyle Lauletta did not participate as he recovers from a knee injury, while Dungey worked with the tight ends after playing QB at Syracuse.