- Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said there’s “nothing new” in regards to a potential extension for DT Grady Jarrett contract. (Vaughn McClure)
- Dimitroff added that they’re in talks with WR Julio Jones about a new deal, but no timeline to get an agreement in place as of now.
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn confirmed that they brought in DT Ra’Shede Hageman for a workout and said he did a “good job.” However, Quinn didn’t commit to bringing him back. (Vaughn McClure)
- Vaughn McClure reports that the Falcons signed DT Tyeler Davison to a one-year, $895 contract that includes an $805,000 base salary, a $90,000 signing bonus and a total of $200,000 guaranteed.
- Temple CB Rock Ya-Sin met with the Falcons. (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Regarding the possibility of trading up in round 1, Lions GM Bob Quinn told reporters: “I don’t think I have enough ammunition to get up there” and get the top players. (Dave Birkett)
- Quinn added: “I don’t think I’m going to be in the business of moving up” at No. 8.
Panthers HC Ron Rivera and GM Marty Hurney explained that they haven’t spent any more time on quarterbacks this year than they have in the past.
“I agree with Ron. I don’t think there’s any difference from this year to the past,” Hurney said, via the Charlotte Observer. “I think the philosophy is that you have to develop young quarterbacks. You have to do your due diligence as far as going through the guys in the draft. It just depends. If you like a guy who you think can come in and develop over the years, maybe you draft him. It just all depends on how the draft goes.”
- Newton is owed base salaries of $16.7 million and $19.1 million over the next two years of his contract and the Panthers have their franchise tag available afterward if need be.