- According to Ian Rapoport, X-Rays were negative last night on Falcons WR Calvin Ridley’s foot.
- Rapoport adds that Ridley is considered day-to-day and has a chance to be back in Week 9.
- Tom Pelissero reports that Falcons DE Charles Harris isn’t expected to be suspended for his hit last night on Panthers QB Teddy Bridgewater. However, Harris faces a possible fine.
- The Falcons are hosting WR Greg Dortch for a visit. (Aaron Wilson)
- Falcons activated DE John Cominsky from the COVID-19 list.
Panthers’ HC Matt Rhule said he wasn’t willing to bring running back Christian McCaffrey back until he was 100 percent, leading him to miss Thursday night’s game against the Atlanta Falcons.
“He could probably come back early, but he would not be the same player he always is,” Rhule said, via Will Kunkel of FOX 46. “So we are making sure he is 100 percent – not 99 percent, 100 percent — and if you know Christian, he’s fighting, scratching, clawing to play. We don’t want to put him out there too early, but when he comes out there, whenever it is, I know he’s going to be something special to watch.”
- Rhule later said McCaffrey will meet with doctors on Monday to make a decision regarding his Week 9 status. (David Newton)
- The Panthers are hosting TE Seth DeValve for a visit. (Aaron Wilson)
- Saints’ RB Alvin Kamara is asking the team to allow him to throw more passes, saying that he is capable of more in the offense. (Mike Triplett)
- OUT for Week 8: WR Marquez Callaway (ankle), G Nick Easton (elbow), WR Michael Thomas (ankle, hamstring)