49ers LT Trent Williams will be San Francisco’s top priority to retain as a pending free agent this offseason, but it won’t be easy. Not only will Williams command more than $20 million a year as one of the league’s best left tackles, but he negotiated a no-tag clause in his deal, meaning there’s a clock on negotiations. Williams did say he wants to stay in San Francisco but that specific contract figures haven’t yet been discussed between the two sides.
“I don’t have any answers right now, but I do know there is interest on both sides, of course,” Williams said via NBC Sports’ Matt Maiocco. “I would love to be here, and if the business works out the same, you’ll see me for years to come. And that’s what I hope happens.”
We have him included in our Top 50 – 2021 Free Agents list.
- Per Darren Urban of the team website, Cardinals DC Vance Joseph says he would like to be a head coach again. However, he’s in no rush and plans to be patient and selective to find the right fit with his second opportunity.
- Joseph didn’t sound optimistic about OLB Dennis Gardeck suiting up for the Cardinals this week. (Urban)
- Cardinals signed WRs Krishawn Hogan and Isaac Whitney to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero mentions Rams DB Juju Hughes could return from the COVID-19 list in time to play this week given he was designated as a high-risk close contact.
- Per Pro Football Talk’s Curtis Crabtree, Seahawks HC Pete Carroll said he was disappointed for WR Josh Gordon: “Certainly disappointed not to have him for his sake and for a lot of things but we will stay with it and we’ll see what happens next week.”
- Carroll added he couldn’t comment much on specifics regarding Gordon. (Michael-Shawn Dugar)
- Seahawks DE Carlos Dunlap is expected to practice this week and Carroll hopes RT Brandon Shell will return Friday. (John Boyle)
- Seahawks CB Quinton Dunbar will stay on injured reserve, however, as he’s having season-ending knee surgery. (Boyle)
- Carroll mentioned Seahawks WR Phillip Dorsett is out of his walking boot and “moving around pretty well” after foot surgery. (Crabtree)
- Seahawks third-round DE Darrell Taylor will try to return to practice next week, per Carroll. (Boyle)
- Carroll affirmed the plan is still for TE Greg Olsen to play this weekend. (Crabtree)