- The Buccaneers tried out 14 players this week. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers promoted DL Jeremiah Ledbetter to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers signed LB Farrington Huguenin and DL Alex James to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
Falcons HC Dan Quinn said WR Julio Jones will be held out of Wednesday’s practice with a hip injury.
“We’ve been through this before with him where we’ll take it through the first couple of days and see what it looks like for Friday,” Quinn said, per Vaughn McClure. “I’m encouraged by where he’s at. But until he runs — move and go — you have an injury that’s there that walking doesn’t bother you as much as cutting and turning and jumping for passes and diving like he does. We’ll have to wait a couple of days until we see where he’s really at.”
- Quinn said Wednesday that RB Devonta Freeman (groin) will not return injured reserve this season: “He won’t make it back” (D. Orlando Ledbetter)
- Dan Graziano reports that Panthers QB Cam Newton, who will be held out for the remainder of the 2018 season, won’t require shoulder surgery “at this time.”
- Jourdan Rodrigue reports that Panthers K Graham Gano, who was placed on injured reserve Wednesday with a left knee injury, will not require surgery at this time and he plans to see how rehab process goes first.
- Panthers placed K Graham Gano on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Panthers promoted TE Jason Vander Laan to their active roster.
- Panthers signed LB Antwione Williams and OL Landon Turner to their practice squad.
- Panthers declined to activate S Da’Norris Searcy from injured reserve, despite designation to return. (NFLTR)