“The sky’s the limit really, not even the sky — probably the moon,” Winston said via Mark Cook of Pewter Report. “Why limit him there? This guy, he’s incredible. He and Cam [Brate] really complement each other well. I think O.J. can learn a lot of things from Cam. I believe having both of those guys is going to make our offense go to the top.
“You can’t really stop O.J. from doing anything. He’s going to blow you off the ball with blocking. He’ll run past you and stiff arm you. I know he’s going to have a great season and Lord willing, he’s going to stay healthy and make it to the Pro Bowl like he was before he got injured.”
- Kentucky CB Lonnie Johnson visited the Buccaneers on Tuesday. (Greg Auman)
- Baylor WR Jalen Hurd will visit with the Buccaneers. (Jenna Laine)
- Clemson DT Dexter Lawrence will visit the Buccaneers. (Laine)
- The Buccaneers announced they hired Larry Rose as an officiating and replay consultant. Rose was an NFL side judge from 1997-2013.
- Tulane CB Donnie Lewis Jr. visited the Falcons recently. (Vaughn McClure)
- Houston CB Isaiah Johnson will work out for the Falcons Thursday. (Aaron Wilson)
- UNC-Charlotte OL Nate Davis will visit the Falcons next week. (McClure)
- The Falcons will visit Boston College to work out G Chris Lindstrom. (McClure)
Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey said if he’s asked to play 90-plus percent of the offensive snaps again, he has no problem with it.
“I played in every game last year, felt great,” McCaffrey said via ESPN’s David Newton. “I can do it again. I feel I can do it over the next many years. … I would definitely like the ball as much as possible. … That’s why I train.”
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Panthers have spent “considerable time” with West Virginia QB Will Grier.