- Greg Auman reports that the Buccaneers signing RB Aca’Cedric Ware to their practice squad.
- According to Auman, Tampa Bay is hosting free agent P Trevor Daniel for a workout on Wednesday.
- Buccaneers waived WR Bobo Wilson and OLB Devante Bond.
- Buccaneers released LB Demone Harris and RB Darius Jackson from their practice squad.
The Falcons have an NFL-low five sacks on the season, which has led to obvious defensive issues this season.
Falcons HC Dan Quinn says their players have shown energy and effort this year, but they’ve got to get better in terms of their execution and ability to finish.
“What I can tell you is that we’ve displayed the energy and the effort, but it still has to be about the execution; that execution from start to finish,” Quinn said, via ESPN.com. “It could be the rush technique versus the coverage that’s there — the coverage to make sure it allows the rush to get there. So, we’re going to work like crazy to make sure those two parts are in conjunction.
“That’s where we need to make a good stride this week: to make sure, coverage-wise, we’re on point, rush-wise, we’re on point. You can have a good rush and now an error in coverage can allow the quarterback to throw or vice versa: really good coverage but you didn’t coordinate a stunt or rush game to allow it to get there. That’s the part I would say for coaching and for players that we’re all frustrated with that we’re not reaching the numbers. But I am pleased with the energy and the effort. But the execution of it, for sure, needs work. And we’ll certainly put the work in to do that.’’
- Falcons waived P Matt Wile with an injury settlement.
- Falcons re-signed OL John Wetzel. (NFLTR)
- Falcons signed TE Carson Meier to their practice squad.
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera reiterated that they still plan to wait until QB Cam Newton is 100 percent healthy before making any determinations: “We don’t want to put pressure on Cam to return. Waiting till he’s 100%.” (Bill Voth)
- According to Rivera, OT Greg Little is still in the concussion protocol. (Max Henson)
- Panthers waived KR Ray-Ray McCloud. (NFLTR)
- Panthers released WR Tyron Johnson from their practice squad.