Buccaneers veteran DE/OLB Jason Pierre-Paul says he vividly remembers the car accident that left him with a fractured neck.
“I replay it 24-7 in my brain,” Pierre-Paul said, via ESPN.com.
Pierre-Paul’s Ferrari spun out of control at 2:53 a.m. on a slippery road in Florida, which resulted in his car hydroplaning into a concrete barrier.
Pierre-Paul wore a neck brace for nearly four months before being cleared to return to the team in October.
“It took a lot just to get where I’m at. Especially confidence,” Pierre-Paul said. “You have to have confidence to even try to start. It took a lot.”
Pierre-Paul’s contract with the Buccaneers is up after the season, but he plans to take some time to think things through.
“I’ve got a lot to think about after this season,” Pierre-Paul said. “It’s been a hard 10 years, man. … I would love to be here next year. We’ll see.”
“There’s a reason I bet on myself this year. It all came down to the business-side of football. I will always bet on myself. Because I know God is amazing. Just to put me here with a broken neck, fireworks with the hand — like I keep on asking myself every day, ‘What’s next?’ Because you don’t know. … But my faith is so heavy that nothing can break me. Nothing can break me. That’s why football is so easy. It’s easy for me.”
- Bucs HC Bruce Arians said Friday that QB Jameis Winston has shown what he needs to in terms of his injured thumb: “He’s fine. He’s ready to go.” (Greg Auman)
- Arians said LT Donovan Smith will be a game-time decision on Sunday after he did not practice at all this week. (Greg Auman)
- OUT for Week 15: DT Beau Allen (ankle), WR Mike Evans (hamstring), LB Anthony Nelson (hamstring)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 15: T Donovan Smith (ankle, knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: G Alex Cappa (elbow), QB Jameis Winston (right thumb, knee)
- OUT for Week 15: DE Allen Bailey (not injury related), G James Carpenter (concussion), T Ty Sambrailo (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: CB Isaiah Oliver (shoulder)
Panthers CB Donte Jackson‘s frustration boiled over after Carolina’s blowout loss to the Falcons. Jackson directed his ire at the coaches for what he felt were two horrible calls that directly led to touchdowns in areas Jackson was responsible for on the field. After some time to cool off and following a conversation with interim HC and Jackson’s former secondary coach Perry Fewell, the second-year corner saw things differently.
“I was totally out of line. Apologetic to my coaches and we’re moving on to Seattle. That’s our main objective this week,” Jackson said via ESPN’s David Newton.
“I was very apologetic to my coach,” Jackson added. “Coach Fewell is a great guy, very understanding. Our conversation was long. It didn’t have much to do with that situation. It was about life and how to learn and bounce back. That’s what makes him a great guy. He knew I was frustrated after the game. He’s not going to hold that to my character. That’s why we all have a ton of respect for Coach Fewell, the way he carries himself.”
- OUT for Week 15: LB Marquis Haynes (knee), T Greg Little (ankle), TE Greg Olsen (concussion)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 15: T Garrett McGhin (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: LB Mario Addison (chest)