Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston‘s publicist, Denise White, confirmed that her client underwent a LASIK eye procedure in order to improve his game.
“He didn’t want to count out any options that he had that could possibly help him with the game he loves so much. He doesn’t want to miss out on an opportunity that presents itself. This is the game he loves and he wants to be the best at it and if there are any options that can improve his game, he is willing to do it,” said White, via Jenna Laine of ESPN.
- Per Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Buccaneers HC Bruce Arians says the team is working through all possible scenarios at quarterback, including keeping Winston
- Arians adds that keeping as much of the defensive front seven as possible is a priority no matter who is at quarterback: “It doesn’t matter who the quarterback is because we’d be back to square one.” (Stroud)
- Buccaneers LB Shaq Barrett continues to be confident he signs an extension with Tampa Bay, even if he gets the franchise tag first: “I don’t know if it’s gonna get done before [March] but I love that confidence that [Arians] gave me. I’m just ready to get it done and ready to start building my life in Tampa and be there for the long haul.” (Laine)
- Arians mentioned assistant ST coach Amos Jones might interview with the Giants. (Laine)
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Falcons RB Devonta Freeman as a likely cap cut this offseason.
- Rosenthal says Atlanta could also move on from S Keanu Neal, who has missed significant time the past two seasons with a torn ACL and torn Achilles.
- The Athletic’s Larry Holder believes the Saints will let DT David Onyemata test free agency but could bring him back if he doesn’t get the interest he wants.
- NFL Media’s Gregg Rosenthal lists Saints LB Kiko Alonso and CB Janoris Jenkins as unlikely to return at their current cap hit next year.