Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston says he plans to stay aggressive as a runner if that’s what the team needs to be successful.
“It’s just part of making great decisions,” Winston said, via the Tampa Bay Times. “And making great decisions is a part of winning football games. So as long as we’re doing that as a team, and as long as I’m doing that, we’re going to win. . . .
“When you’re in man coverage a lot, not many times you have a guy for the quarterback, so in that case, a lane opens up and you pull it down and tuck it and get what you can get.”
Falcons HC Dan Quinn told reporters on Friday that there’s “still a shot” RB Devonta Freeman (groin, injured reserve) returns this season.
“Definitely,” Quinn said we asked if he hopes Freeman can return, via the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “We are not ruling anything out for sure. He’s definitely made a lot of progress. That’s like all of the guys, we are going to make sure that he can do it.”
Quinn mentioned that they still plan to take things “week by week” while Freeman rehabs.
“He did weeks of the rehab in Philadelphia,” Quinn said. “He’s back and doing well. We are just going to take it week by week and see where he can progress to. He isn’t able to practice yet. We are literally taking it to where is all of the work that you can put in, each few days, we’ll meet and see where he’s at.”
- The Falcons officially ruled out TE Logan Paulsen (knee, ankle) and list K Matt Bryant (back) as questionable for Week 14.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Panthers K Graham Gano won’t play in Week 14’s game, due to a knee injury. However, the good news is that this doesn’t sound like a long-term issue.
- The Panthers brought guard Jordan Morgan and Ian Silberman (signed to practice squad) for tryouts on Thursday. (Howard Balzer)
- The Panthers officially ruled out K Graham Gano (left knee) and G Amini Silatolu (knee) for Week 14 and list S Colin Jones (illness) as questionable.
- Panthers signed K Chandler Catanzaro. (NFLTR)
- Panthers laced G Amini Silatolu on injured reserve.