- The Tampa Bay Times’ Rick Stroud mentions that the Buccaneers could place DE Jason Pierre-Paul on the Non-Football Injury list and save some or all of his $12.5 million salary. The Bucs could use that space to keep DT Gerald McCoy.
- Stroud notes that $7.5 million of Pierre-Paul’s $13.65 million base salary for 2019 was fully guaranteed on March 17.
- Regarding his neck fracture, David Chao explains that there are many different types of cervical fractures and most don’t end seasons at this time of year, even if fusion is required.
- Former LSU DT Ed Alexander will attend Buccaneers’ rookie minicamp. (Greg Auman)
- Another interesting name at Tampa Bay minicamp is former South Carolina LB Bryson Allen-Williams. (Auman)
- Former Wisconsin S D’cota Dixon is another name to watch. (Auman)
- Former AAF G Jordan McCray will also try out for the Buccaneers this weekend. (Auman)
- Connor Hughes reports that former Panthers C Ryan Kalil would come out of retirement for the right opportunity.
- According to the Athletic’s Jeff Zrebiec, Panthers GM Marty Hurney tried to trade down from No. 16 to No. 21 or No. 22, but was rejected “numerous times.”
- Former Shepherd University DB DeJuan Neal will attend the Saints’ rookie minicamp instead of Tampa Bay’s. (Greg Auman)
- Saints signed WR Deonte Harris. (NFLTR)