“It’s what they had to do,” Sherman said, via NBC Bay Area. “I think the organization has handled the situation as best they could. Obviously been patient and deliberate and understanding of who Reuben is and what kind of heart he has. But it’s a really compromising situation for the team, repeatedly. So, you understand the decision the organization has to make, after repeated offenses.”
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said they will probably have to add a linebacker and safety in the coming days. (Matt Barrows)
Cardinals HC Steve Wilks said after Sunday’s loss to the Chargers that “the wheels just sort of fell off a little bit” for them.
“Definitely was embarrassing, definitely not what we want,” Wilks said, via ESPN.com. “This organization, that team in that locker room, those players and coaches, we got to do better.”
- Wilks said he’s “very hopeful” that S Budda Baker, LT D.J. Humphries, WR Chad Williams and LB Deone Bucannon will return for Sunday’s game against the Packers. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Cardinals waived OT Andre Smith and CB Bene Benwikere. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals placed LB Josh Bynes on injured reserve.
- Cardinals placed K Phil Dawson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Cardinals promoted K Zane Gonzalez to their active roster.
- Cardinals claimed TE Darrell Daniels off of waivers from the Seahawks. (NFLTR)
- Rams HC Sean McVay said of CB Aqib Talib returning from injured reserve: “It’s great to have him back out here. His presence for our team will be a big benefit to us.” (Myles Simmons)
- McVay added that RB Todd Gurley should be “100 percent” for Week 13 after he “tweaked” his ankle last week.
- Rams designated CB Aqib Talib to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)