- The Athletic’s Matt Barrows writes that 49ers K Robbie Gould could be a candidate for the franchise tag this offseason.
- The 49ers would like to bring back OL Mike Person and restricted free agent RB Raheem Mostert, according to Barrows.
- Barrows says that WR Pierre Garcon and LB Malcolm Smith are likely cuts.
- The 49ers will likely try and extend DE DeForest Buckner, who is entering the fourth year of his rookie deal.
- San Francisco could also be one of the main teams pursuing S Earl Thomas, according to Barrows, reuniting him with former teammate Richard Sherman.
- Barrows lists LB Shaq Barrett, DE Brandon Graham or WR Jermaine Kearse as other free agent targets for the 49ers.
- The Athletic’s Scott Bordow writes that the team could look to re-sign OT Joe Barksdale and DE Markus Golden to short-term deals.
- Bordow doesn’t expect S Tre Boston, G Mike Iupati, LB Deone Bucannon or K Phil Dawson to be back in Arizona for the 2019 season.
- Some other release candidates for the Cardinals may include veteran TE Jermaine Gresham and C A.Q. Shipley.
Rams HC Sean McVay said that he “can’t say enough good things about Brandin Cooks” and added that he won’t be traded him for the third straight year.
“When you get a chance to talk to [Bill Belichick] and [Sean Payton] They think the world of Brandin and what he’s done,” McVay said, via NFL.com. “Everybody that’s been around Brandin you can’t talk enough about the production. This is a special human being. The way he goes about his business. Guys like him are why you love coaching. … I could go on and on about what he’s done for this football team. He’s been instrumental in us getting here. Love that guy and you can’t say enough good things about Brandin Cooks. I can promise you this: We’re not trading him.“