- Matt Barrows of The Athletic believes that Steelers WR Antonio Brown‘s recent domestic abuse allegation is “rapidly cooling” what was a promising trade opportunity.
- Barrows does not think the 49ers would offer their first-, second-, or possible even third-round pick in exchange for Brown and may have to add a player in a trade.
- Barrows points out that the 49ers have been “connected” to NC State G Garrett Bradbury.
- Mississippi State C Elgton Jenkins and Boston College OL Chris Lindstrom could be second- or third-round prospects for the 49ers.
The Arizona Cardinals announced more coaching hires on Wednesday as part of Kliff Kingsbury‘s staff including:
- James Saxon – RBs coach
- Marcus Robertson – DBs coach
- Greg Williams – CBs coach
- Chris Achuff – DL coach
- Charlie Bullen – assistant LBs coach
- Peter Badovinac – assistant WRs coach
- Rob Grosso – defensive quality control
- Spencer Whipple – offensive quality control
The Cardinals also announced they’re retaining Randall McCray (assistant special teams), Cam Turner (offensive assistant/assistant quarterbacks), Buddy Morris (strength and conditioning) and Vernon Stephens (assistant strength and conditioning) on their defensive staff.