49ers WR Emmanuel Sanders (ribs) was upset to leave Week 10’s game because he felt on the verge of a good performance.
“It sucked,” Sanders said, via Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports. “I wanted to be out there with the guys, especially because I felt like I was going to have a good game. Then, when I got hurt, it sucked.”
Sanders added that he considers himself “day to day” but declined to reveal further information about his injury. 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan indicated it’s related to his rib cartilage.
- The San Francisco 49ers officially ruled out DT D.J. Jones (groin) and T Joe Staley (finger) for Week 11 and list RB Matt Breida (ankle), K Robbie Gould (right quadricep), and TE George Kittle (knee, ankle) as doubtful.
- The 49ers also have LB Azeez Al-Shaair (concussion), RB Raheem Mostert (knee), WR Dante Pettis (back), WR Emmanuel Sanders (ribs), and CB Ahkello Witherspoon (foot, quadricep) down as questionable.
Cardinals GM Steve Keim admitted that RB David Johnson is going through a “rough stretch” right now and he is ultimately responsible for getting himself out of the rut.
“The good news is that watching him in practice this week he’s been extremely energetic, he’s had a great week of practice and hopefully this weekend we will see him put his best foot forward,” Keim said, via AZCardinals.com. “…There is no doubt that needs to improve. That’s something only David can fix.”
- Josh Weinfuss notes that Kenyan Drake appears to have jumped David Johnson on the depth chart, as Drake ran receiving drills with first-team receivers while Johnson was in the next group.
- Kingsbury did not declare a starting running back on Friday, but said it’ll be “by committee.” Both Drake and Johnson have packages, according to Kingsbury, and that being a starter in his offense doesn’t matter because of sub packages. (Josh Weinfuss)
- Kingsbury mentioned that RB Chase Edmonds will not play Sunday against the 49ers. (Josh Weinfuss)
- The Arizona Cardinals officially ruled out DE Jonathan Bullard (foot) and RB Chase Edmonds (hamstring) for Week 11 and list CB Tramaine Brock (hamstring), DE Zach Kerr (knee), T Justin Murray (knee), and LB Terrell Suggs (hamstring, back) as questionable.
- Rams HC Sean McVay said that C Austin Blythe and WR Cooper Kupp are both dealing with a stomach bug, but they’re still expected to play on Sunday. (Lindsay Thiry)
- The Los Angeles Rams officially ruled out WR Brandin Cooks (concussion), T Rob Havenstein (knee), and CB Darious Williams (ankle) for Week 11’s game and list TE Gerald Everett (wrist), TE Tyler Higbee (knee), and TE Johnny Mundt (groin) as questionable.